Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Lothar Dunemann is the managing director of the Ruhr District Institute of Hygiene and executive board member of our support association (Verein zur Bekämpfung der Volkskranhkeiten im Ruhrkohlengebiet e.V., Gelsenkirchen, Germany).
Prof. Dunemann has a doctorate in chemistry, habilitated in analytical chemistry and was appointed extraordinary professor at the Clausthal University of Technology in 1996. From 1991 to 2000 he was department head at the Medical Institute for Environmental Hygiene in Düsseldorf. Since 2000 he manages the Ruhr District Institute of Hygiene.
He regularly gives lectures at the Ruhr University Bochum and the Clausthal University of Technology. He made his research available to the professional public in a monograph, as well as in numerous publications and lectures.
- Analytical chemistry and instrumental analysis
- Examination and evaluation of environmental influences
- Research in the areas of environmental hygiene and toxicology
- Chemical, physical and microbiological test procedures
Further Functions and Memberships (Selection)
- The Society for Control of Common Diseases in the Ruhr District (NPO), Gelsenkirchen (board member)
- Association for Water, Soil and Air Hygiene (WaBoLu), Berlin (chief executive)
- Institute for the Promotion of Water Quality and Water Resources Management (registered association), (board member)
- German Society for Bathing (registered association) (board member and member of the board of trustees)
- German Chemical Society (GDCh)
- Society of Hygiene, Environmental and Public Health Sciences (GHUP)
- Science Forum Ruhr, Essen